It looks like the 43 Things website is closing down. After keeping a list of goals there for over 9 years and making some amazing friends along the way this is news is a little sad. It’s taken me a while to think about the situation and work out what my next step will be.
A change is as good as a holiday though, or so they say, so I’ve moved everything here.
(I did look at other sites and services, but nothing fit or felt the same way 43T did.)
I debated what to call my list here. The plugin I’m using is called Bucket List, but I feel that these are more my Life List items – stuff I want to do in the course of living, not ticked off a scoresheet before I kick the bucket. I’ve seen people call them all kinds of inspirational names, usually revolving around life and dreams and goals. “Goals” felt too serious, “dreams” felt too light. I used to have a 101 in 1001 list (101 goals to complete in 1001 days) but I don’t want to put a time restriction on my list. It’s meant to be a free-flowing, evolving series of items.
Nothing seemed to fit just right. I mean, this is still my 43 Things list. It’s just in a new location.
43 Things. That’s 12 + 31. One thing a month for the year, plus one thing a day for the current month.
It just fits. It just works.
So if you’re wondering what the 43 is all about, it’s a brilliant number of things to work with and pays homage to what will always be one of my favourite websites ever.
My 43 Things
- Leave a note in a library book for someone to find
- Release a traveling journal
- Colour a whole colouring book
- Make a beautiful, inviting, uplifting home
- Inventory my house
- Learn to drive
- Make a cloth doll
- Make pillowcases
- Make Eddie a winter dog coat
- Knit or crochet a scarf
- Finish my cross-stitch project
- Weight under 70kg
- Take the 100 Thing Challenge
- Build a useful freeware app
- Visit the National Library (again)
- Grow sunflowers
- Crochet a blanket for my husband
- Crochet a blanket for my son
- Take a craft class
- Plan a Girls Lunch Date
- Wardrobe overhaul
- Declutter the study
- Organise old club paperwork for storage
- Restore the little silky oak desk
- Launch my website project
- Set up an online career portfolio
- Swim in the ocean, like I did as a kid
- Take time out in September to relax and re-energise - did this in October instead 31/10/2015
- Plan a family adventure for 2015 - Tasmania! 16/10/2015
- Finish my Diploma 24/06/2015
- Move my 43 Things list to my blog 10/07/2014
- Move blog to new server 22/06/2014